Friday, July 29, 2011

Final Reflection

What are some occupations you are now interested in based on your skills, abilities, interests and values? What aspects of these jobs interest you and what aspects do not interest you?
One of the occupations i am very interested in right now is becoming a pediatrician. Pediatricians are a type of doctors that work with children, this interest me very much because i enjoy working with kids and. One of the interests that i have that require me for this job is that i enjoy chemistry. One of the skills that I have is that i am a very good listener and pay attention to detail so i would be able to diagnose the patients quiecky and efficiently. One of the abilities that suit me for the job is that i know how to care and control children. One of the aspects of this job that interests me the most is being able to know that i have helped a life a life and maed a difference. One of the aspects that does not interest me is the fact that i have to stay in school for alot longer.

How does the knowledge you gained about yourself help you determine your future and educational career plans?
The knowledge i gained about myself helped me determine my future and educational career plans by helping me understand what my strongest and weakes skills are. Also, it helped e understand what types of jobs are best suited for me and why. Now that i know what type of career i want to go into it helped me understand what type of future i could have based on how much money i would be making and how much time i would have left over. Also, how long i would have to stay in school for to reach my career and what types of marks i should also be getting.

Did you learn anything in this unit that surprised you?
Something I learned in this unit that surprised me was that i am much more active then i thought I was.

What are some activities you enjoyed in this unit and found useful? What are some activities you did not enjoy in this course and did not find useful?
The activities that i found most useful in this course were the surveys. I found this the most useful because it helped me get a better understanding about myself and what type of jobs are the best suited for me. I also found that the real game was very helpful as well because i helped me realize what type of life i would have if i got the job i wanted. And also i found the resume writing and cover letter very helpful becasue those are thigs i can use right now to helo me get a job that might help me get the skills that i need to get the career i want. Something that i did not find useful in this course is the hobbies, skills and career chart. I did not find this useful becasue, personally, it did not help me understand what I needed to help me get a career that i want.

No comments:

Post a Comment